During the cooler months, most people tend to come in with a chill from our glorious Scotian weather. We wanted to share with you 5 helpful tips to acclimatize your body & being prior to floating to elevate your experience to the next level!
- Arrive early. Come on in a bit early, peel off all those winter layers and have a seat in our lounge area. This will allow you to warm up prior to floating.
- Consider having a glass of warm water or tea prior to floating. This will help warm you up from the inside-out.
- Don’t take a hot shower prior to floating, instead, take a lukewarm shower. The hot water will make the water in the float tank appear as cooler than what it is when you go from a steaming shower into the tank. The water is kept at the average external temperature of your relaxed skin’s surface so that eventually, you will lose the sense of touch.
- Do you best to keep the door closed. Do whatever it is you need to do to be comfortable in your float, but if you can, keep the door to the tank to avoid feeling the temperature difference.
- Did you know that kangaroos lick their skin to cool themselves off? The water evaporating creates a cooling sensation! If you’re moving around in the tank, the action of the water moving over your skin can create a cooling sensation – so if you do experience a slight chill while floating, take a moment to center yourself in the tank and get still & chill.
Have any tips or tricks that you’d like to share with us? Leave a comment below!