AMANDA HYNES, Acupuncturist
Amanda is an open-minded and welcoming individual with interest in alternative medicines and health practices, which stem from her own personal health journey. She strives to listen deeply to the needs of every patient and provides a sense of trust and compassion.
Amanda strongly supports the integration of eastern and western medicine and is committed to helping others reach their utmost potential in physical, mental and spiritual health. Her goal is to help you to achieve your optimal health and wellness.
Although Amanda is a general practitioner and has successfully treated a wide variety of conditions such as; digestive disorders, pain management, anxiety, depression, stress reduction, allergies, insomnia and many other pathologies, she has both a special interest and high success rate helping couples with fertility and conceiving naturally as well as increasing the success of IVF.
As part of her clinical education in the three year program at The Canadian College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, Amanda worked with women of all ages to help regulate their menstrual cycles, relieve pain and symptoms of PMS, balance moods and emotions, stabilize hormone levels and support the fertility process, as well as provide pregnancy support.
“When I began my studies in Acupuncture, I had no idea what an immense impact this ancient traditional medicine had to offer the modern world of fertility and reproductive health. While I continue to study and learn, I can’t help but be excited and honoured to have a hand in the astounding results Chinese Medicine has brought to many of my patients in building their families and improving their overall health and well-being”
Amanda is a professional member of the Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of Nova Scotia. She is an advocate of continuing education and is always looking to expand her knowledge through education and research.
Amanda is deeply motivated by the impact and positive change that comes from patients’ experiences in the clinic. She believes that the work being done at The Floatation Centre spreads hope and happiness in our community and is proud to be part of the amazing support team that patients’ rely on. In addition to her strong commitment to health, wellness, Amanda enjoys connecting in nature with her family and keeping active – whether it is fastpitch, golfing, ringette or a class at her local gym.
Available Appointment Types
- Initial Consultation (90 minutes) – $110.00
- Follow-up Consultation (60 minutes) – $85.00
- Facial Rejuvenation (60 minutes) – $100.00
- Effective, non-surgical treatments to reduce the signs of aging and rebalance your body. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of hair thin disposable needles into the points on the face and body. As a result, it enhances overall health and prevents excessive and premature aging while helping to maintain youth and beauty.
- Fire Cupping (30 minutes) – $50.00
- Special glass cups are warmed with a flame and placed on the skin. The air cools inside the cup, creating a vacuum and raising skin gently inside the cup. Cupping pulls blood to a region to promote circulation and stimulate healing as well as removes toxins and stretches tight fascia and muscles. Cupping is generally painless and can be quite relaxing!
- Float Acupuncture Combo (standard Acupuncture charges apply)
- Want to experience the COMPLETE bliss of combining the floating experience with the experience of Acupuncture? When booking these services back-to-back, you will receive your float for only $40 + tax! The easiest way to book, is to call us at 902.453.5628 and let us do the work for you. If you’re booking online, please allow for a 15 minute buffer time between appointments.
Amanda’s acupuncture services are covered by most extended health benefit plans and we also direct bill!