Dr. Tara Lantz, ND Naturopathic services
BC born & raised with Nova Scotia roots, I confuse people by calling both coasts home, but I’m really happy to be back in Halifax and have home-base here at the Floatation Centre. As a naturopathic doctor, I help people find a foundation for health by not just treating disease, but working to find their optimal balance of biochemistry, physical health, and mental wellbeing, and using that as a platform for personal growth. I believe we’re all here for a reason, we just get so many confusing messages from our upbringing and all the things we feel we “should” be doing, that we drown it out or haven’t heard it in the first place.
I am fascinated by the way the human brain and mind work to shape our lives and see floating as a multi-faceted approach to target physical, mental and emotional health.
I feel an “us-vs-them” approach doesn’t work well in any area of life, let alone health care, and I aim to work collaboratively with medical professionals to bridge the gap between standard medical care and complementary medicine.
Learn more about Dr. Tara here
Dr. Tara Really Knows Her Stuff
- Bachelor’s of Science, Chemistry; summa cum laude, Saint Mary’s University
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Certified Bowen Therapist, Bowen College, Vancouver BC
- Craniosacral Therapy Level 1 – Upledger Institute, Vancouver BC
- Rubimed Therapist, Vancouver BC
Unsure what naturopathic medicine is exactly? Most people are! Naturopathic doctors are trained in functional medicine, meaning they incorporate clinical diagnosis and lab testing to examine physical health while taking a root-cause/whole person approach to examine all other areas of health including physical, mental/emotional, and lifestyle factors.
Treatment recognizes the body’s innate ability to heal and focuses on removing barriers to health and emphasizes education, nutrition, lifestyle counselling, and non-invasive interventions like herbal medicine, acupuncture, and the targeted use of supplements and vitamins to replace deficiencies.
Dr. Lantz focuses on functional medicine, bodywork, coaching, and counselling and sees patients for all health concerns including:
- Mental emotional health – depression, anxiety, major life changes, addiction
- arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic pain
- digestive concerns – food intolerances, gas/bloating, IBS, IBD, reflux
- stress, energy concerns, fatigue and insomnia
- hormonal health, including thyroid and women’s health
- Initial visit – $175.00 – Your first visit is 90 minutes long, we’ll take a detailed look at your reason for coming in and will run through a review of all areas of health. This may incorporate a targeted physical exam.
*if you’ve had recent blood work done, please bring a copy
- Follow-up –$85.00 – A 30 to 60 minutes follow up on your progress to adjust your treatment plan as needed
Naturopathic medicine is covered by most extended health plans — ask your provider for details.